Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Nochnoi Dozor Soundtrack: "Come, I Will"



Ilya Lagutenko not only sings on the soundtrack; he also plays Andrei, the vampire hairdresser with the skanky girlfriend. He's also the lead singer of Mumiy Troll.


Idi, Ya Budu (Come, I Will)
Artist: Ilya Lagutenko
Album: Nochnoi Dozor, 2004
Translation: Maureen S. O'Brien, 8/17/05


And I will, and I will,
I will steal you away.
Bitter is my candy.
Light, Light-light-light-light-light, Light!
I see the way,
Aroma clouds my mind, goes to my head,
I can't breathe...

Come to me, I will be
Like your life...
I will be yours I'll be.
And I will kiss you,
And catch cold.
Come to me, I will be,
Come, and I will...
Come, and I will...

From there, from where
These fragrant oils flow,
Sipping a taste of an unknown cola,
Injections.
Sweet-sweet-sweet-sweet-sweet-sweet
Sweet defects
Sting down the veins
With thorns of universe.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ?????,?????? ??????!!!!!??? ????!!)))
    woolfy

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Banshee said…

    It's kind of a shrieky song. What can I say?

    So I really didn't bother to try and make it any nicer or more poetic than it was!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Banshee said…

    I also think they were trying to compare vampirism to drug use.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home