Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Nochnoi Dozor Soundtrack: "I'm Invisible"



This is actually not on the soundtrack, but it's in the book.

Ya Nevidim (I'm Invisible)
Lyrics: Edmund Schlyarskiy
Group: Picnic
Album: Rodom Niotkuda, 1988
Translated: Maureen S. O'Brien, 2005

All will be decided then, for alone he's nobody,
To me -- Gospodin.
I stand in darkness, for alone I'm like shadow,
To others -- I'm unseen.

REF:
I, I, I -- I'm invisible.
I, I, I -- I'm invisible.
Our faces like smoke, our faces like smoke,
And how we win, nobody knows....

I don't dance in step, I didn't do it all that way,
Not regretting that.
Today I'm like receding rain,
An unbloomed flower.

REF:

I call you ice, only it's not a matter
Of which of us is colder.
I don't understand at all what's closer -- the earth
Or the cracks within her.

REF:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "And how we win, nobody knows" - it is mistake.

    True translate is "Nobody won't know how we'll win".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home