Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

To Diet to Oneself



1. I have never been particularly good at the whole weight loss thing, mostly because:

A) I love sedentary pursuits
B) I love to eat
C) I'm really bad at making new habits
D) I live in a fallen world
E) I blame society

2. I snack a lot on Gaming Day because:

A) The snacks are in reach
B) I love to eat
C) I can't chew my dice or they'll be ruined
D) That is the canonical custom of gamers
E) I blame society

3. I will improve matters by:

A) Putting all the snacks out of reach
B) Stuffing myself with high fiber, low calorie snacks
C) Drinking a gallon of water instead
D) Doing a novena to the Baptist and starting the Locust and Honey Diet
E) Suing society


Yes, I was bad yesterday. I did a three mile walk yesterday morning for charity, and by Saturday night I had managed to bloat myself so much on gaming snacks that I could hardly eat any dinner. If worst comes to worst, I will have to start drinking more caffeine on weekends, as that's an appetite depressant. But I've been trying to avoid caffeine. Sigh.

So I walked to church this morning and got back on my exercises. I really am noticing a difference with my muscle tone and endurance. I'm just not losing any weight, and then I'm gaining more on Saturdays. Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's gotta be a Lifestyle thing to lose weight. But I got no style.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Banshee said…

    *girly scream*

    Chris Muir visited my blog!

    *girly scream*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home