Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mwahahaha....



Richard Purtill is one of those fantasy writers whose books are very hard to find, but very good reads once you do. He's also one of the Tolkien scholars who don't cause me to talk back to the book in a loud and frustrated voice. (Not often, anyway!) That's one reason why I've always been disappointed that nobody else ever seemed to have heard of him, except for the hardcore old school Tolkien folks. (I guess I should have mentioned him to the folks from Washington state fandom.)

But now here's a nice little article on him. (He's still alive! Yay!) More importantly, here's his website, with reprints of some of his old novels and a good few new ones. (Even more yay!) I'm not sure if this JRR Tolkien: Myth, Morality and Religion is the same as Lord of the Elves and Eldils or not. (And you really don't want to know how many years of looking through used bookstores it took me to get a copy of that one.) I imagine it must be much expanded, if not wholly different.

And if anybody needs a DAW copy of The Parallel Man, I've got two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home