Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Candidate



My younger brother, Kevin O'Brien, threw his hat into the ring yesterday. He's running for Ohio state representative in the 70th District (Beavercreek, Fairborn, Xenia, and Bath Township), as a Democrat.

This puts him up against Kevin DeWine, the majority whip over at the statehouse. Who is also, of course, a member of the DeWine political family.

I don't live in the 70th District anymore, and I'm a registered Republican anyway, so I can't help him much in the primaries. My parents are of course conservative Republicans also, so neither can they. But whatever I can do for my brother, I'm plan to do.

To be honest, Taft's crew of Ohio Republicans aren't conservatives either, for the most part, and they've been doing a lousy job of being Republicans or state servants. It is probably unfair to paint every Republican in office with this brush, but I'm not the only Republican who feels mad. So quixotic as it all seems, there still could be a chance. If nothing else, it'll certainly be interesting to see what happens.

So I endorse my brother's candidacy to anybody out there who happens to be interested. He's a moderate Democrat, but he's a pro-military, pro-guns, and pro-life moderate Democrat!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Fr. Larry Gearhart said…

    Your brother sounds like he is rarer in the Democratic Party than gold teeth in a Nazi crematorium.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Banshee said…

    My, what a lovely metaphor. (*cough, cough*)

    Yeah, Kev really belongs with the Democrats of old, I've always thought. But he comes by it honestly. My mom's dad was a very old school Democrat.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger RightDemocrat said…

    There are still some of us "old school" Democrats out there. We could use more pro labor, pro-gun, pro-life and pro-military types in the Democratic Party.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does your brother havea campaign web site or blog? I'd like to know more. Please let me know at yellowdogsammy-at-hotmail-dot-com!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home