Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Things Get Better



To soften the pain of bibliocide, I got to watch (or listen, mostly) the live broadcast of President Bush's rally in Troy today. It was a good long speech. We then went to "the dollar store that takes credit cards" to buy some snacks for my Worldcon travel nourishment. I also got to refresh my soul at St. Ignatius of Antioch Maronite Catholic Parish's famous Lebanese festival. This year it lasts two days and has even more Lebanese dancing and food. (Good thing, too.) I bought a sampler of all the Lebanese desserts except the brownie. And then I got up and danced on stage when they went and pulled people up. Mwahahahaha! This was, however, an extremely humid day here in the Miami Valley, so piglike sweating did occur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home