Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Friday, June 04, 2004

Percy Grainger's at Terry Teachout's



I was extremely happy to read about Terry Teachout's amazing art buy: a Max Beerbohm caricature of Percy Grainger. Teachout mentions his piano and composition careers. I think of him as one of the great and influential English folk music collectors and distributors, as well as someone with distinctly odd (and chauvinist piggish) attitudes toward morris dancing. Although he didn't scan it in for us to view and envy, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have owning it. (I exclude myself on the grounds that nobody without a temperature-controlled place should own even what I already do -- although anyone after my Hannes Bok and Jack Gaughan sketches will have to pry them out of my happy possessive fingers.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home