Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Mary Sue: The Home Game



This was suggested over...well, it was one of the Mary Sue collecting communities, but I can't remember which one. Anyway, the game is simple: just go to fanfiction.net and search for your first name in "Story by Summary" under one of the really big story categories, like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.

I was a bit worried that I wouldn't have any Mary Sues under my name. There weren't any under LOTR, but I did pretty well in the Harry Potter world. I even got a story in German! Here are my results. Aeh, they're all so cute....

Why not try your luck?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Gary McGath said…

    Terri Wells incorporated a filk of mine, with the character who sang it crediting me by name, into a Harry Potter fanfic novel. I don't think she's ever posted it on the Web, though.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Gary McGath said…

    OK, I decided to actually do the search, and found this under Harry Potter:

    "Gary Stu, who has special powers and is likeable, talented, and perfect in every way, enters his first year at Hogwarts. You guessed it; this fic is a parody of cliche, male original characters."

    Now if I can stop chuckling long enough to get back to work...

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear. In Harry Potter I am a deranged psychiatrist who analyses Snape and Harry (the author feels impelled to point out that this is a humour fic by putting the word (funny) after the summary); Tom Riddle's lost love; Draco's new-found love; and about four variations on American Transfer Students. But that's a lot better than Lord of the Rings, in which I 'befriend' a 'high-matinence (sic) elf' and 'shave the eyebrows off a drunk ranger.' I may never dare show my face again. Fortunately that was the only one.
    Caroline

     

Post a Comment

<< Home