Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Composing for Sean: Second Draft!



I Will Make a Covenant with You
Lyrics and Music: Maureen S. O'Brien, 7/1/03



REF:

I will make a covenant with you.
Come and take Me as your own, and you will be Mine, too.
We will be one forever -- I am faithful, I am true.
I will make a covenant with you.



If you will only trust Me, I will give you all you need.
I will lead you to a land that I will make your own.
I will give you children like the stars up in the sky.
I'll live with you and love you, never leave you here alone.
REF:



And though you've spent your days in pain and shame and misery,
I will not abandon you to lie among the dead.
I will not forget you; I will come and set you free.
I'll live and die and rise for you, and make Myself your bread.
REF:



My father waits to welcome you; they've opened wide the gates --
Wine a-plenty -- Your room's ready -- won't you come and see?
Let me lead you homeward, for the feast is on the plates,
And I want you to stay with me through all eternity.
REF:



Cheese? Whine? Theological problems? Please, point 'em out!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home