Aliens in This World

An ordinary Catholic and a science fiction and fantasy fan.

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Big G-Man Is Watching You



You know, I like law and order. I like anti-terrorism. Personally, I would prefer not to be blown up or shot at random intervals. But puh-lease. bugging the library computers?



It's not fair. It's not right. It's not American. And it's even less American to be secretive about it. Would it kill the FBI to say, "Oh, by the way, from now on we'll be monitoring X, Y, and Z"? Only if they're afraid of public notice -- and public outrage.



If I were a terrorist, I wouldn't be logging on at the public library for anything serious, anyway. I'd be having fun with anonymizers and all the other high-tech privacy stuff instead, in the privacy of my own home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home